Skin rashes are featured with itchy and red skin, usually associated with small bumps and some other changes in the color of skin, texture or appearance. They might happen on any body part or be widely presented on large parts of the skin.
Thought it is not a serious problem, it might become serious now and then. Rashes, no matter what the derivation is, could make a sufferer feel strongly uncomfortable because of the pain and itching associated with it. The main causes of this skin problem are psoriasis, eczema, allergies, mites, acne, insect bites, excessive sweating or getting in contact with some poisonous plants like oak or poison ivy. Besides, soaps, shampoos, cosmetics, and detergents, which are not suitable for your skin can be culprits of skin rashes.
Actually, there are a variety of ways on how to get rid of skin rashes, yet not all of them work well for different skin types. Fortunately, if you use some home remedies introduced below, collected by Wikinutri.net, your skin rashes will disappear. Some information in this entry is referred from WebMD and Top10Homeremedies. By treating your skin kindly, minor dryness and damage on your skin will heal rapidly. In case the irritation and rashes persists, then consult advice of a dermatologist.
1. Essential Oils
Among home remedies for skin rashes, essential oils seem to be the most effective. The most commonly used essential oils for skin rashes include chamomile, tea tree, Cedarwood, geranium, sandalwood, lavender, and Rose oil. These oils are extracted from the same plants which are used to treat a lot of health problems. Thanks to anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of these essential oils, skin rashes will go away fast.
You can also combine these essential oils with some carrier oils or milder oils like vitamin E oil, fish oil and olive oil.
2. Baking Soda
When it comes to skin rash treatment, this might be my most favorite option. Despite it is not commonly used, baking soda is very helpful in drying out skin rashes. Moreover, it helps relive the inflammation and itching accompanied with rashes.
• Mix baking soda and water as the ratio of 1:3, then apply the mixture over your problematic skin areas
• After several minutes, rinse it off
• Do this once per day for 1 week or so
Or, you can also:
• Mix baking soda with coconut oil to create a good paste
• Apply the paste over your skin and wash it off after 5 minutes
• Do this 1-2 times per day till you get good results.
However, be aware not leaving baking soda on your skin for a long time as it might result in additional irritation.
3. Witch Hazel
With chemical compounds named tannins, Witch Hazel, a great astringent, can be a natural home remedy for skin rashes. The compounds inside this herb will decrease swelling, fix the skin and fight off bacteria. You can apply witch hazel directly on your skin or use other forms of witch hazel as a bark extract, a leaf extract or in liquid form.
Not only is oatmeal a great ingredient in our kitchen, but it also is great for lessening skin inflammation and irritation thanks to the anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. This solution is very effective in curing skin rashes caused by sunburn, eczema, allergies or poison ivy, and chicken pox.
• Grind a proper amount of oatmeal in the food processor, coffee grinder, or blender.
• Mix 1 cup of finely ground oatmeal with warm water in your bath
• Soak in the solution for no less than 15 minutes
• Do this every day till the skin rashes disappear.
Or, you can:
• Combine 1/2 cup of oatmeal with ¼ cup of milk powder along with 2 tsp of honey. Then, put the mixture into a muslin cloth, and tie it fiercely with a ribbon, rubber band or string. Place it into the bath tub which is filled with warm water.
• Soak yourself into this bath for 15 minutes or so.
• Pat dry your skin and moisturize it with creams.
• Repeat this daily for several days
If your rashes are on face, then apply the paste of oatmeal, plain yogurt, and honey onto your face. Wait for 30 minutes before rinsing it off. Do this every day.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Organic and raw apple cider vinegar is another great treatment for skin rashes that helps calm itching and irritation. Furthermore, the acetic acid availability in ACV is beneficial in fighting skin infections which could be the cause or aggravate the problem.
• Soak a cotton bal into ACV, apply it over your skin
• Wait for a few minutes before removing it
• Do it a few times per day till your problem disappears.
However, remember that ACV might lead to irritation if used in the pure form, so you had better dilute it with water before applying it.
6. Chamomile Tea
Regarding to home remedies on how to get rid of skin rashes naturally, chamomile tea is a good option. Due to anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties, it helps reduce inflammation, enhance healing process and relieve itchy skin. Besides, it also has anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial effects.
• Soak a cloth into the chamomile tea, place it over your problematic area
• Leave it there for 10-15 minutes and repeat the routine a few times per day for 1 week or so
Due to its analgesic, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties in neem, aka Indian lilac and margosa, using neem could help treat a lot of skin problems like scabies, eczema, acne, psoriasis, acne and other skin infections. Also, it consists of antioxidants defending skin against aging and rejuvenates skin cells.
• Take a handful of neem leaves and simmer it in water for 15 minutes. After straining the solution, you let it cool.
• Soak a cotton ball in the solution before placing it over your skin for 10 minutes
• Do this a few times per day till you get a good result.
Alternatively, you can use neem products like neem leaf extract, lotion or cream. Yet, if using neem oil, you need to dilute it with the carrier oils as it is too strong if used in pure form.
8. Tulsi Leaves
This is a part of basil herb which carries a history as a medicinal plant. Commonly, it is called as Holy basil. The leaves are packed with phyto-chemicals that benefit both physical and mental health of humans. There are various forms of tulsi and they could be applied directly on your skin through soaps, bath water, and in powder form. Tulsi leaves can help dry up skin rashes and support in healing skin surface. The Holy basil can address the secondary effects of rashes, both outside and inside by improving our immune system and protect the skin from free radicals.
9. Alove Vera
With emollient, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial as well as anti-fungal properties, aloe vera is great in treating different kinds of skin problems, such as rashes. In addition to healing, it also helps soothe your skin, relieve itching and alleviate redness.
• Extract the fresh aloe vera from an aloe vera leaf
• Apply it over your skin
• Leave it there for 20 minutes before rinsing it off
• Do this thrice per day till your problem disappears
10. Cold Compress
This might be the simplest home treatment for how to get rid of skin rashes. A cold compress will reduce skin rashes, particularly those cases that are caused by insect bites, heat, poison ivy, or shingles. It eases swelling, itching, inflammation and could be helpful if a rash starts to grow into blisters.
• You just need to put an ice cube into a sealed plastic bag, and place it over your skin
• Leave it there for several minutes and repeat this routine for some days
• Or, you can soak a cloth into ice-cold water, and apply it over your skin for 10 minutes
Leave your comments if you like this blog ^^