Do you hate the spider veins on your legs? What could you do with it? Spider veins are twisted purple, red and blue vessels seen popularly on face and legs. The vein abnormality is rather similar to varicose veins, yet is not the same. The only difference is that varicose veins are raised, large, and swollen blood vessels with twists and turns while spider veins are smaller. However, the similarity is that both of them are resulted from structural abnormalities of blood vessels. Also called telangiectasias, spider veins could be understood as the custers of small blood vessels close the skin surface of a mature. They usually look like spiderweb and therefore are named spider veins.
Normally, they are rarely cause serious problems; nonetheless, spider veins become a concern of beauty because the ugly appearance. When it comes to learning how to get rid of spider veins on legs, there are currently many treatments that a doctor could give you, like laser therapy, radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser, and vein surgery. In case your condition is not serious and bad as to develop complications, you could easily deal with this problem by applying some natural home remedies.
The following entry will introduce to you 12 best natural tips on how to get rid of spider veins on legs naturally without surgery. Some information in this entry is referred from WebMD and Womenshealthmag.
How To Get Rid Of Spider Veins On Legs Naturally Without Surgery – 12 Fast Tips
1. Boost Your Blood Circulation
In regard to natural ways on how to get rid of spider veins on legs, the easiest way you could do is to get better circulation. Getting circulation throughout your whole body, particularly the legs, is important to relieve spider veins.
Some suggestions to get better circulation include:
• Exercising, even just simply doing some low intensity activities like doing housework or walking your dog
• Sitting with your legs elevated whilst you take a rest
• Making sure that you do not sit for a long period of time without modifying your positions so you could boost blood circulation just enough to get rid of spider veins
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the simplest home remedies for spider veins on legs is using apple cider vinegar. This helps diminish the appearance of spider veins basing on the simple theory: increasing the circulation to the problematic area. What you need to do:
• Use a clean cloth to soak into apple cider vinegar
• Apply it as a compress onto your affected area
• Leave it there for 15 minutes
• To get better result, you should do it twice or thrice per day for no less than 1 month
3. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel is among most commonly used methods to diminish spider veins on legs. With the astringent properties, distilled witch hazel could strengthen your blood vessels, which in turn will cure your spider veins naturally.
What you need to do:
• Dip a cotton ball into the witch hazel solution
• Press it over your problematic area
• Do it a few times per day till you get rid noticeable results
Not only is ginger a common herb in every kitchen, but it is also a good home remedy for spider veins which does not cost you even a dollar. There is a blood protein named fibrin that might build up in the areas where the veins are injured. It makes your veins more prominent and visible. Using ginger will naturally break up fibrin to diminish spider veins. Also, ginger improves blood circulation by reducing blood pressure. Low blood pressure will help so much for your veins.
In addition, ginger might also have blood thinning effect, making it easier for your own heart to pump. Nevertheless, in case you are currently taking thinning medicines, then you should talk with your doctor before doing any change to your diet.
What you need to do:
• Take 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, then grate it.
• Place the grated ginger in a pot, pour 1 cup of hot water into, cover it up, let it steep for 10 minutes
• Strain it up if you do not like chewing fresh ginger otherwise it is not required
• If you like, add honey
• Drink this tea for 2-3 times per day
5. Gingko Biloba
Gingko biloba is very helpful in strengthening the tissues which form vein walls. It is proven that sometimes just simply standing or sitting for a long period of time could stretch the vein walls. If this becomes a regular habit, it might weaken your vein walls, damaging the vein valves and causing chronic venous insufficiency. Despite spider veins are not belonged to chronic venous insufficiency, using gingko biloba might help both widen and relax the blood vessels for regulating the blood circulation. Also, it enhances the tissue oxygenation. Therefore, it makes gingko Biloba a great herbal remedy for spider veins.
What you need to do:
• Take gingko biloba extract (opt for the type of 50:1 standardized gingko extract)
• Each day you take 120-240 mg of the extract, divide into 2-3 doses.
• To begin with, you take 40m of the extract, for 3 times per day
• Consult your natural herbalist before using on yourself
6. Horse Chestnut
As horse chestnut sees are the rich sources of tannins and saponins, not mention to the excellent anti-inflammatory as well as circulatory effects, they are a great solution for those who want to know how to get rid of spider veins. It is believed that horse-chestnut seed is extremely beneficial in relieving pain, itching, swelling, and fatigue accompanied with spider veins and varicose veins. It is because horse chestnut can strengthen the veins that have lost their elasticity. Studies proven that horse chestnuts can boost blood circulation within the legs and also reduce inflammatory, apart from strengthening veins and capillaries.
There are some ways to use horse chestnut to get rid of spider veins:
• You could take 10 tablespoons of the distilled witch hazel, add 1 tablespoon of horse chestnut tincture into it. Mix well, and apply it over the affected area. When buying the extract, choose the one that offers you a daily dosage of 50 mg of aescin as it is one of the major components strengthening capillary cells and consist of fluid leakage.
• Or, you can take 250 milligrams of standardized horse chestnut extract every day
• Or, you can apply topical creams containing horse chestnut. Then, apply it over your problematic area regularly till you get good results.
NOTE: do not take excessive horse chestnut through oral form as it might be toxic. Find the precise dosage for your case.
7. Cayenne Pepper
A traditional herbal treatment for different conditions, including spider veins, cayenne pepper is increasingly used by the modern medicine. Basing on the simple rule: increasing blood circulation, using cayenne pepper can help you get this goal, thereby being helpful for your spider veins. Taking cayenne pepper will widen your blood vessels, reducing the pressure on the surrounding capillaries which is extremely crucial in curing spider veins. Adding cayenne pepper to your daily diet will help you relieve spider veins naturally.
What you need to do:
• Add ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper to one cup of plain water / fresh juice
• Drink this solution each morning during the initial week when you begin consuming cayenne
• The second week, you increase the amount of cayenne to ½ teaspoon in 1 cup of water
• Every week, you increase 25% of the cayenne until you can take 1 tablespoon of it.
• When you reach that goal, keep doing it for at least 1 month to help clean out the arteries effectively.
8. Mustard Oil And Coconut Oil
When it comes to natural ways on how to get rid of spider veins on legs naturally, using oil massage is a good idea. Massage is a famous and effective technique to boost blood circulation, thereby curing spider veins on your legs.
There are two specific essential oils which you should use for spider veins, which are coconut oil and mustard oil. Coconut oil can penetrate deep into your skin and then heal capillaries, while mustard oil is good at boosting circulation and strengthening valves.
What you need to do:
• Warm two oils a little
• Take some of the warm oil in the palm and apply it to your affected area
• Massage the area, keep your strokes towards the heart to boost blood circulation
• Do it twice per day till your problem disappears
9. Lose Excess Weight
Did you know that being overweight is also a contributing factor to your spider veins? Being overweight will create more pressure on the legs, resulting in spider veins. That is why you should lose weight to take off the pressure on legs.
10. Make Use Of Compression Stockings
Compression stockings are a good method for those who are looking for ways on how to get rid of spider veins. Compressions can help boost your circulation by squeezing the legs during the day. It is not necessary for you to have a prescription to wear compression stockings, yet your doctor might help consult you how long you need to take them on to decrease the availability of spider veins.
11. Eat Foods With Antioxidants
Antioxidants are important for healthy and strong veins, so you should add more foods rich in antioxidants to your diet plan. Those foods include Red kidney beans, cranberries, green tea, raspberries, red apples, black beans, cherries, artichokes, prunes, apricot, wolfberry, raw cabbage, red bell peppers, and green bell peppers.
12. Include Fiber To Your Diet
Fiber relieves constipations that might put an excessive amount of unnecessary pressure on your veins. This pressure might weaken your veins, leads to swelling and back flow of blood. So, add more fiber to your diet to alleviate your spider veins. The foods, which are flaxseed, beans, berries, carrots, oats, and peas, are not only rich in fiber, but also other vitamins and minerals that are good for your overall health.
Leave your comments if you like this blog ^^