If you are tired of popping a pill daily to keep acid reflux or heartburn under control, then you should consider another method. Not only OTC medications create a big dent in your pocket, it may also accompany with some side effects in the long run.
Fortunately, you can get rid of symptoms of acid reflux in all natural ways by using some simple, easy-to-find ingredients around your house. Ginger is the most recommended ingredient like that. Actually, ginger holds a mythical place among many home remedies, especially with digestive problems. There are many scientific studies backing up the effectiveness of ginger for some digestive problems, such as morning sickness, motional sickness, and nausea.
So, now you may wonder how ginger can help relieve acid reflux symptoms and how to use ginger for acid reflux, right? This article will give you a comprehensive answer.
How to use ginger for acid reflux disease
i. How Does Ginger Work For Acid Reflux Relief?
Ginger is an herb which is often used as a spice and a medicine as well. It could be used in different forms, like fresh, dried, powdered, or as an oil or juice. This ingredient could be used to treat a variety of stomach problems, which are morning sickness, gas, diarrhea, nausea caused by cancer treatment or after surgery, and a loss of appetite.
You can also take advantage of ginger for other uses, including menstrual pain, cough, bronchitis, muscle soreness, arthritis, back pain, stomach pain, and chest pain.
Particularly for acid reflux, ginger is a good solution. It has some digestive juice helping improve better digestion. With anti-inflammatory properties, ginger can cure inflammation and irritation caused to esophagus whilst digesting the food. Ginger also absorbs stomach acid well, supports proper digestion and calms down your nerves. In addition, thanks to some active components named gingerols and shagoals, ginger can soothe taut as well as stomach muscles by subverting the acids within stomach. On the other hand, ginger could push the food through your bowels quickly and therefore prevent an unwanted formation of gas inside your stomach. It also helps clear the vomiting that are caused because of acid reflux and therefore cleans the stomach uneasiness.
By using ginger, it can confuse the signals of your brain. The brain could not process this signal and sensation of nausea concurrently. So, ginger is very effective in treating vomiting, nausea, and other stomach related issues, which in turn could lead to acid reflux.
II. How To Use Ginger For Acid Reflux – 8 Effective Ways
1. Combine Ginger And Lemon
When it comes to methods on how to use ginger for acid reflux, combination of ginger and lemon will create an outstanding effect. Here’re steps:
- Take 1-inch piece of fresh ginger to crush and extract the juice
- Pour the ginger juice into a small bowl and add several drops of lemon juice into
- Stir it well and drink the mixture to relieve your acid reflux symptoms
- Do this routine daily till you completely get rid of acid reflux.
2. Combine Ginger And Bland Foods
- Take a piece of fresh ginger to grate and cut into small pieces
- Add those pieces into the bland foods such as yogurt and oatmeal
- Stir it and eat this combination regularly to get rid of the problem
3. Use Ginger Candies
- Prepare ginger root, remove it skin, wash it off and cut ginger into small pieces
- Pour a proper amount of honey into a pan, add ginger pieces and cinnamon stick into
- Place the pan on the heat over medium heat, add butter into it
- Turn off the heat after a few minutes
- Take it out, put it in the oven to get the crystallizes
- Take it out from that oven, let it cool down for several minutes
- Have the ginger candies regularly to calm down your stomach problems and prevent acid reflux.
4. Use Ginger-Persimmon Tea
In regard to ways on how to use ginger for acid reflux disease, combining ginger and persimmon to create a tea is a highly effective solution for your need.
- Prepare a half cup of thinly sliced fresh ginger, 3 sticks of cinnamon sticks, cup of dried and sliced persimmons, and a half cup of a natural sweetener or honey.
- Pour 2 quarts of water into a saucepan, into a saucepan and place cinnamon sticks and ginger slices into it
- Place it on the stove over the medium heat
- Boil it for several minutes, simmer for 30 minutes or so
- Strain it, add honey, dried sliced persimmons into it before stirring it well
- Refrigerate it for several minutes
- Drink the chilled tea regularly to relieve acid reflux symptoms.
5. Combine Ginger And Other Foods
- You just need to prepare 1 tablespoon of ginger root which is grated or minced
- Add it into soups, rice, quinoa dishes or stir fried vegetables
- Stir it well to prevent acid reflux
- By regularly taking this ginger mixed in any kind of cooked foods, you can cure your acid reflux quickly
6. Drink Ginger Tea
Ginger tea is very common in treating digestive problems, including heartburn and acid reflux. It helps stimulate the saliva production and therefore washes away the acid that has refluxed into your esophagus. If you take ginger in proper amount regularly, you can cure acid reflux effectively and prevent its recurrence. Intake of this tea also works against the gastric disturbance to disturb acid and suppress your appetite to remove acid reflux.
To prepare ginger root tea, you need:
- Take 1-inch ginger root to peel its skin off
- Cut it into many small pieces and put into a pan
- Place this on the stove over medium heat
- Pour 1 cup of water into it and start boiling for several minutes
- Strain the tea before adding lemon juice or honey to it
- Stir them well and drink it twice per day to get rid of acid reflux
7. Drink Ginger & Lemongrass Flavored Tea
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of freshly grated ginger root and 1 stalk of lemongrass which is sliced evenly
- Pour 4 cups of water into a pan and place it on the stove to boil it up
- After it starts boiling for several minutes, you reduce the heat and add sliced lemongrass and grated ginger into it
- Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes or so
- Turn off the heat and add your favorite herbal tea into it
- Use a strainer to strain the tea and add honey or lemon into
- Drink this ginger –lemongrass tea regularly to relieve acid reflux
8. Use Ginger Essential Oil
- Take 1 cup of hot water and add 2-4 drops of ginger essential oil into it
- Stir it well, drink the ginger tea to relieve acid reflux
- Make sure that you do not take aspirin for at least 2 hours after drinking this solution as both the aspirin and ginger tea are blood thinners. Therefore lead to acidity and heartburn.
The above are the most effective but simple ways on how to use ginger for acid reflux. Aside from these methods, you can also use ginger ale to get the same effect. If after following these home remedies for acid reflux you do not get rid of your health issue, consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Leave your comments if you like this blog ^^